About Me

Sunday, February 1, 2015

10 Tips to Share on How to be a Happy You

The other day I was listening to a program on what is called the Mormon Channel. The Mormon Channel is a radio station and a website produced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, also known as Mormons. The station has spiritual music, talks, interviews and the website also includes videos called Mormon Messages. Here's the link to the channel if you are curious. http://www.mormonchannel.org/

Anyway, so the program I was listening to is called Mormon Channel Daily, it's about 10 to 20 minutes, a spiritual gems that helps you get through your work day. So I was listening to this program and they were talking about 10 way to be happy. The host of the program said that she had found the list on Inc.com.

1.    Exercise
2.    Sleep more
3.    Spend more time with your family and friends
4.    Get outside more
5.    Help others
6.    Practice Smiling
7.    Plan a trip
8.    To meditate
9.    Move closer to where you work
10.  Practice gratitude

As I was listening to her go down the list I was thinking of how can someone use these 10 things on their journey to change and be better. I realized that a person may already working on some of these thing and not even know it. Take me for instant.

Exercise
My sisters and I are starting to work out, except since my mom has been in rehab we stopped. I know once we can really get a routine going it really does make a difference.

Spend more time with your family and friends
I've got the spend more time with the family down. Maybe down to much. People may find it weird that my sisters and I live together while we take care of our mom, but I love it. We argue and bicker and give each other a hard time and sometimes I just want to leave home, but when all is said and done they are my best friends and my strongest allies and I wouldn't have it any other way. We do have a lot of fun together despite the everything. And we still act young and crazy.

Plan a trip
One of the things I do with my family is go on trips. The host said that to plan a trip even if you don't go on one and it will bring happiness. I have to agree and disagree. For me one of the best parts of going on a trip is the planning. The excitement as it builds up to that day you leave. Everyday as it gets closer and you prepare and get things ready. And then comes that pinnacle point of arriving at your destination and you realize that you are there and just for a few days you can enjoy yourself and relax, there's nothing that can top it. If you plan a trip and then don't go I believe it is worse then if you had never planned to go at all.

Practice gratitude
Now practicing gratitude. I tend to do this everyday. Some times I am very vocal about it most the times I keep it to myself, but everyday I'm grateful that my Mom is still here and getting stronger, that I have a good job and I car to drive, and that I'm healthy and that the rest of my family is healthy.
I know that there are people out there whose life may not be as blessed and they may be struggling with issues I can't even imagine and my heart aches for them, so if I don't acknowledge what my Heavenly Father has given me and that I am blessed what kind of person does that make me.

Ok, so these are a few things I can say I'm working on, I still need to work on are,

Sleep more
Get outside more
Help others
Practice Smiling
To meditate
Move closer to where you work

I know that just by doing these 10 things alone won't bring complete happiness there are so many other variables, but it's a great list and it's a good start. I believe that everyone has already started working on this list not even realizing it. Think about your everyday life and I'm sure you'll see that like me you are also doing things on this list.

I would love to hear your list accomplishments or if you have any ideas we can add to the list.

Well until next time; One step at a time will get you to 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment