About Me

Saturday, February 21, 2015

To Walk Your Own Path Begins with the First Step

The other day I was in search for a new calender. Here it was getting closer to the end of February and I've was still looking at December.

Well I usually like to get the classic Coco Cola calenders. I love the old 1940's 1950's adds. They're just so fun and I just love that time era. Some times I think I should have been a teen or young adult during that time.

Anyway I couldn't find one this year so after procrastinating for a few months I figured I better get something. I saw two that I really liked. One was called Psalms of Life,which had some great pictures of different scenery with different Psalms to go with the picture, and the other was Pathways, which has great pictures of different pathways in different locations with a short saying or poem to go along with the picture. I really liked them both, but when I read the front of Pathways that was it I had to get it.

"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." - Jerry Gillies

So why am I sharing about my calender search. If you have read my earlier posts I've written on how I'm on a journey to become a better person and each thing I do is a step closer. I also see it as which pathway is my journey on. Am I on a good pathway to a better me or do I stray from the path and have to spend extra time finding my way back.

I would like to say that I am always on the right path, but there seems to be other paths that branch off and then sometimes the path is blocked or covered and I have to find ways to see past the obstacle to keep me going. Sometimes I try to avoid the obstacle and head off some other direction most the time I just sit on the side of the path and give up or hope someone will help clear the path for me. Sometimes they do, but most the time after humbling myself and a lot of prayers  I put on my big girl pants and find away to the other side of the obstacle.


Even though Mr. Gillies was probably referring to talents or being creative in someway. Everyone is on some kind of path in their life be it good or bad it's up to us to determine if that is the right path or if we want to change the path we're on and find a better one, which will lead us where we want to be in the end.

Well better go, so until next time; don't be afraid to tread a new path as long as it's headed in the right direction. Someone may want to fallow it someday,



No comments:

Post a Comment