About Me

Saturday, September 10, 2016

8 Smiles that Bring me Joy

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by.

Here it is the end of another week of our September Smiles month and I have really been looking out for things to smile at. and there is plenty. Things my family says, things my cats do and things my friends share. And it got me thinking about how many different smiles are out there. 

Well according to what I found there are anywhere from 5 to 19, maybe even more, but it all comes down to two categories. The polite smiles and the genuine smiles. 

According to the website, Johnson and Cohen Orthodontics, "Polite smiles only engage the muscles in your mouth, whereas a genuine smile will engage muscles on both sides of your mouth, as well as light up your eyes."

Also from what I have read there are certain smiles that showed up in all the different list. Here are my favorite picks.

The Genuine Smile or The Duchenne Smile
This is that smile where you smile with your eyes and you can't help but show off your pearly whites. It is the most sincere smile.

My great nephew JJ

The Closed-Lip Smile
When you are hiding something or apprehensive about a situation.  Or you might be happy about something you don’t want to talk about, or you’re trying to hide being uncomfortable. You might use this smile.
My niece and JJ's mom Claire

The Lopsided Smile
This can just be the way someone smiles or can convey mixed emotions or maybe someone has something sneaky they might be thinking of. Either way some wear this smile great.

Who can resist Gerard Butler's Lopsided smile?


The Fake or Forced Smile
This is usually used when you know you should smile and you just can't for what ever reason. To me, even though it is usually obvious that it is fake or forced. Sometimes it's better then not to smile at all.

My sister Jen wasn't happy I took this, but she forced a smile anyway.

I also would like to include a few of my own.

The Crazy Cat Lady Smile
When you watch your cats do silly things or you watch cat videos on Youtube or Facebook and you think, "That is just the cutest thing ever."
Sisters Jen & Danielle with me. This says it all.

The Eye Candy Smile
When you see a good looking guy (or woman) and you can't help the cheeky grin as you watch them walk past and hope they can't read your mind.
I couldn't find an appropriate/clean pic of some eye candy, so I settled on eye candy. 

The Wicked Smile
When you sit back and quietly scheme how you would love to take revenge on someone that has wronged or hurt you, but never would or course because you won't sink to their level.  
What do you think he's scheming?
and lastly

The Disney Smile
This is the one when you hear you are going to go to a Disney park in your future or if you are at a Disney park or if you are watching, listening, thinking or talking or doing anything Disney related your cheeks hurt. Or maybe that's just me.
Can you tell the levels of excitement.
Well there you have it my top picks of the different types of smiles. What is your favorite smiles? Do you have your own list? I would love to hear them. So comment below and tell me all about it.

Before I go today I want to leave you with a thought about smiles



So until next time keep up the smiles and remember; only you can make up your mind and do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment