About Me

Saturday, October 1, 2016

The Season for a Haunting Joyful Time

Hi everyone, thank you for stopping by.

Here it is the 1st day of October and unfortunately my September Smiles didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to. I always have these great ideas, but they always seem to run a little short of what I in vision. But I'm not going to give up on my journey to find joy, be it in a smile or in gratitude or just having fun.

And speaking of fun, like I said it is the 1st of October. which means it is the beginning of the holidays. and it is only 30 days to one of my favorites. HALLOWEEN! Is it yours?

Let me tell you why I love Halloween. My sisters and I being the crazy single women that we are and not having any kids become kids this time of year. That's right! I am an adult that likes to dress up for Halloween and participate in Halloween activities. Parties, Church's trunk -or-treat and the occasional do some Trick-or Treating myself.

Ok, the last time I went trick-or-treating was 6 years ago and we went to Disney World's Mickey's not so scary Halloween party. Normally we just go to our church's Trunk-or-Treat and give out the candy.
We usually have some kind of theme for the year that we dress up in. And we attempt to decorate our cars to go with our theme.

Last year we were going to be gnomes, but my mom went into the hospital and that idea didn't happen. Instead we came up with a quick dollar store costume that only cost maybe $5 a piece. My sister found these cut hair clips that were little witches hats, but I thought they looked more like cat ears, and wallah! We became the 3 giant kittens that lost their mittens. But we've been everything from fairies to witches to Harry Potter characters. The point is we have fun doing it and it makes us happy and brings us joy.


So what I want to do this month is continue to bring on the joy and just have fun and enjoy the season. Wednesdays I 'm going to go way back and share pics and vintage Halloween gems from the past. Saturdays I will continue to share what I've learned about finding joy.

What's your favorite part about this season? Are you a fan of the festivities of this time of year? Do you ever dress up? What have you dressed up as? Any good ideas a group of four women can dress up as? I would love to hear your ideas. Comment below, I world love to hear from you.

Well, until next time watch out for ghost and ghouls and remember; only you can make up your mind and do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment