About Me

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Finding Joy in a New Position

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by.

Sorry I'm late getting this out. I had stayed up way to late watching the last two episodes of Downton Abby on DVD with my sister Friday night, so by the time I went to bed it was way early in the morning. I didn't wake up the next day til around 10:30, 11:00 am. Then I got busy and didn't get a chance to write. Today I got up got my church lesson ready for my class and now I finally have time to sit down and write.

So this past week I had a lot going on. Monday I was told that I was going to be working with a new underwriting team in the company. This was a bitter sweet thing for me. Bitter, because I've been working with the same people for years and I was use to doing things there way and my way.

It was sweet, because after so many years I was getting tired of working with that group and in some ways they were getting tired of me too. No one ever said anything, but you know how it is you can tell.

When I was told they were going to move me, I was first shocked, but then once the shock wore off I had to smile, because this goes along with the positive thinking I wrote about not that long ago. I've been wanting to change things in my life I just didn't know what I wanted to change. I got my change. I still have the security of my job, however it's different. I am now working with a team that seems to be more engaging and I don't feel like I'm a bother to have work on certain things.

I still want to find that one thing that I can do where I can feel completely at ease and joyful.

Another thing I was thinking about this week, was on Friday when I was practically in tears,because the way they do things in my new position is so. Even though it's the same thing. I was getting so frustrated that that I just wanted to quit. I couldn't help to think of my perspective about things at work. I kept thinking that I was unhappy because what I was or wasn't doing on the team I was on. But as soon as I went to a different team I didn't feel happy either. All I could think of was what a bad job I was doing. However the perspective of the new team was that I am doing great and they are excited to have me work with them.

So what's my point???

I guess it's all on how you see things or yourself. I thought that I was doing so bad at everything that I had to get moved and then I was just failing with the new team. Turns out that I had to move not because of me, but because there were some other issues with other people going on. And my new team  could see that I know more then they thought and I just have to learn the small details of how they do things, but are really happy I've joined them.

So what is your perspective on things. They may not be what you think they are and be better than you think.

Well I better go. I hope you like this it didn't turn out like I wanted. Well anyway, until next week be safe and remember; only you can make up your mind and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment