About Me

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Positive Thinking Brings Joy in Simple Ways

Hi everyone, Thanks for stopping by.

This month I went from writing every day to a few time a week back to once a week. This month definitely is not how I thought this month would go. But that's how life is and this past week has been a hectic week.

Since I wrote last week they moved my mom out of the ICU to a regular room and then to a long term acute care facility an LTAC, our air conditioner went out again, and my HR didn't put in my time sheet right so I'm really short on my pay check. So as you can see this week has been like I said a hectic week.

On the flip side with the new attitude and focusing on the positive to manifest a positive outcome a lot happened this week.

Even though it was a little hectic to find an LTAC to transfer my mom to. She is doing so much better and is on her way back to recovery. And even though are air went out again the guy who fix it talked to our land lord and now we have a whole new system inside and out. And even though my HR messed up on my time sheet and I'm missing out on my pay this week it will be on my next pay check and because there was so much confusion with what I took PTO on and what I took unpaid on and it was her fault that my time sheet didn't get put in correctly I ended up with an extra PTO day put towards one of my unpaid days.

So it is how you look at it. Before I would have just grumbled about the situation, and maybe I did a little, but teaching myself to focus on the positive I quickly could see the positive out comes. And these few examples weren't the only positive out comes that manifested this past week.


One day my sister ordered a sandwich for lunch from Dominoes and they brought her her sandwich and a pizza. Called up Dominoes to tell them and they said for her to either keep the pizza or throw it away. So we had a free dinner that night. The parking garage that we used at the hospital usually you had to pay $5, but it was broken during my mom's time there, so we didn't have to pay for parking most of the time my mom was in the ICU and when she got moved to a regular room. And finally I found $35 in my pants pockets.

So even though it has been a crazy week there has been a lot of good things that have come out of it. I just want to add that my belief is, even though I talk about being positive and positive things happening, I know that these this can't happen with out being blessed by God. Being positive, to me, is being able to recognize those blessing he gives us. So I am very grateful for these simple but great blessings.

Well I better go. Until next time stay safe, be positive and keep your eye out for those little blessings. And remember; only you can make up your mind and do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment