About Me

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Joy for a Positive Outcome

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by.

I know you are probably saying, what happened to day 5. Well let me tell you, it has been a crazy week. I actually had something completely different to write about yesterday and today, but some things happened which have completely changed things.

If you have been with me and have read my earlier post you know about my mom and how she has a lot of health issues. Well another issue has come up, and strangely enough it is completely unrelated to her other issues.

Early, early Friday morning my mom woke me up complaining of not being able to swallow and with in an hour my sister and I had taken her to the ER and she had to be intubated. Her throat had swelled up so bad that in order to make sure she could breath they had to get a tube down her. Then after taking a CT scan they found a growth in the back of her throat, which is very possiblly a tumor that they have to remove.

Like I said a crazy week. First our air then this. It's like once I decided to think positive everything started going crazy. I'm worried and scared for her, but I am still trying to pull out the positives with the situation and find things to be grateful for. Which I have to admit can be very difficult. 

I am very grateful that I had the good sense to insist I take my mom to the ER. According to the doctor, another 20 minutes and she wouldn't have been able to breath at all, her throat would have been completely closed off. And there might have been a completely different post going out. So even though things seem grim they could have been worse.

I'm also so grateful for the kindness and care that my mom has been getting. It's not that her care isn't any different then most and I'm sure it is with everyone. It's just nice to have so many people treat her how she shou be treated. With my mom going in and out of the hospital so much we've seen the good and the bad.

I guess the most positive thing I can say is I have seen many miracles with in my family and I know that my Heavenly Father knows us and watches over us. Especially my mom. She is strong and feisty and I believe she is going to be ok. And the main point about having a positive out come is you have to believe it. Be it through faith in God or in the universe or just in yourself believing and being positive has to come from your heart.

Well I'm going to go. I will TRY to write tomorrow, but I'm not making any promises. So until next time stay safe, keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers she going to need them for the next little while and remember; only you can make up your mind and do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment