About Me

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Joy of Positive Thinking and Prayer

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by.

Things have finally calmed down enough from this crazy week that I can write again. I wrote in my last post about what was going on with my mom, well yesterday was the day For her surgery. They had to do a tracheotomy slow she could breath, then they went in and did a biopsy to find out if her growth was cancerous or not.

According to the surgeon and the nurses it was a pretty routine operation, but with my mom, nothing seems routine. With a delegate balance between her Congested Heart Failure and Chronic Kidney Disease there is always a bigger risk factor for her.

So as the time got closer my nerves got tighter. I tried to play it off and act like no worries she's got this, but as the long wait of the day went on my emotions were starting to reach it's breaking point.

It didn't help that the room just across from my mom loss two people in just two days.

Anyway you could imagine my relief when the doctor came into the waiting room with the good news that everything went well and he's pretty sure the biopsy will come back negative. He'd this before. So now we just have to wait for the results.

I know I took a while to explain everything that has been going on, but I had to give you that update for you to understand what I' going to say next.

I truely believe that three main things contributed to my moms outcome. Positive thinking and having a Positive attitude. Prayer, not just mine but the many, many prayers given in her behalf as well as my  sisters, brothers and mine. Lastly God. If you believe in God or not that is your own belief, but for me I know he lives and watches over my family every single day.

I have seen many miracles in my family, with my bother's accident to everything with my mom. And I know he hears our prayers, because he has listened. And lastly I know that if I hadn't remained positive and had a relaxed positive attitude the vibe in the room would have been more stressful. So like I said being positive, prayer and God.

I know every situation is different and at times like this everyone deals with it their own way. This is just how I deal with the situation at the moment.

Before I go, another way I deal with things is I write my feeling down through poetry. This is what came to me the night before last.

I look at you across the room,
and see the years upon your face.
And never knew my love for you 
could feel my empty space.
You've picked me up when I've been down, 
you taught me to be strong. 
You taught me lessons, punished me, 
and taught me right from wrong. 
But most of all when I look at you
I see a face of love. 
Because you are my greatest gift 
from my Father up above.

Well that's it for today, so until next time be safe, be positive, share joy and remember; only you can make up your mind and do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment