About Me

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Sometimes Joy isn't Easy to Find

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by.

I'm just sitting here in my mom's hospital room and I figured i would writue something. Just a quick thought.

My mom has been awake off and on today and has been more responsive. I'll ask questions and she either nods her head yes or shakes it no. That's how we can communicate at this moment. I was able to figure out that she didn't want to watch any TV earlier, but she didn't mind me reading to her.

I only had two books Finding Joy, 101 Ways to Free Your Spirt and Dance with Life, and my scriptures, so I started reading Finding Joy. A lot that I read I've already wrote about, and I thought it might help her mood a little. While I was reading the nurse would come in and out listening to what I was reading. Finally after I was done she asked what I was reading, so I told her. Then I mentioned  that I was going on a joy journey. She said everyone needs joy in their life especially working at the hospital. You see so many hard things especially when you work in the ICU.

I don't know why that really caught my attention, because of course working at a hospital you would want more joy in your life to balance out the pain, suffering and sadness around you. She also made a good point when she said, "Most people who complain don't know how well they got it. Just work in a hospital for awhile and you will understand after spending all day with those who are really suffering.

I just have to give a shout out to the nurses here at Baylor Medical Certer who are taking care of my mom. They are really doing a great job. Thank you for all you do. By taking such good care of my mom really brings me joy.

Well until next time be safe, give your mom a hug and remember only you can make up my mind and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment