About Me

Saturday, October 29, 2016

I Feel the Joy at Trunk-or-Treat


Hi everyone thank you for stopping by,

Well the month of ghost and ghouls, princesses and pirates and everything in between is almost gone and then we will really be headed in to the holidays. But before we leave this fun festive month. Have you had fun? Were you able to find some kind of joy during this month. I did.

Danielle, Me, Jennifer and my Mom
Take Saturday for instant our church had their Trunk or Treat and we dressed up and went and I even made a little fairy house to go with our theme and I felt so much joy attending. Sure dressing up and passing out candy to the kids was fun. And seeing their reaction to my fairy house was fun as well. But what gave me the most joy was seeing my mom all dressed up and participating.

You see this time last year she was not in good shape. She had a real bad bout with her congested heart failure and was in the ICU for almost 10 days. The doctors were telling us they didn't think she was going to make it and even though we were pretty hopeful the possibility was still looming in the air. But she did make it and even though she has her good days and bad days she is still here and as active as a person of her age and health can be.

So as I watched my mom all dressed up as a little grandma flower fairy I was filled with love for her and gratitude for a loving Father in Heaven for giving us more time.

Well anyway, it was a great night the kids and adults alike like our theme and we had a blast. So now that this Halloween is almost over it's time to start thinking of next years theme. 

What are you doing Monday for Halloween? Comment below and tell me all about it. I would love to hear from you. Well, until next time watch out for al the little trick-or-treaters and remember all that left over candy at the stores goes on sale after Monday. And remember; only you can make up your mind and do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment