About Me

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Joy of the Season

Merry Christmas everyone, thanks for stopping by.

I don't know about you but this has been a very busy Christmas season. Besides being busy at work I've just had so much going on here at home. For instant I meant to write last week but I wanted to wait til Sunday so I could talk about the Christmas caroling we did last Saturday, but then I had to meet with my Bishop (the ecclesiastic leader) which turned out to be rescheduled. Before I new it the day was gone and here it is Christmas eve.

Well let me go over last Saturday quick. Christmas Caroling. I wanted to do something meaningful this Christmas and I remembered as a youth going to Nursing homes and singing so I thought you know there are so many people who need a little Christmas cheer that I should do that. So I put out a post asking if anyone would be interested and went from there.

I did get a few responses so I made the arrangements  to go last Saturday at 6 PM. Even though pretty much everyone backed out I still had my sisters, who supported my efforts and this great, cute family (the Staubs) from my church who came. Our Bishop, his wife and there three boys.

It was very unorganized, but we did what we set out to do. Bring some Christmas cheer. The place we went was the rehabilitation center my mom has been a few times, so it was a little different then a nursing home. A lot of the patients will be going home, but were stuck there till they got healthier. It has three floors with two long halls separated by a big common room in the middle. So what we ended up doing was going down each hall on each floor singing and passing out Christmas cards and little candy canes. The patients enjoyed it and we really enjoyed it. Talk about filling Joy.  I was completely filled to the brim with Joy.

So now here it is Christmas Eve, I can't believe how quick it came this year. it like the last few months didn't even happen especially November. So this time of year is the best time to really reflect on the true Joy of the year and the world. The time of year that we celebrate the birth of our Savior. If you remember last month I wrote that through this journey of mine I have learned that Joy comes from two main things gratitude and Jesus Christ. Even though some of you out there may not have a belief in Christ you may have a belief in someone or something else. Your joy may come from that, but we all can have gratitude.

Well, I need to go it's Christmas eve and I still have a lot to do. I want to wish everyone a very Happy, Safe Christmas and remember; only you can make up your mind and do it.

Merry Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment