About Me

Saturday, December 10, 2016

The Joy I Feel This Time of Year.






Hi everyone thanks for stopping by.

So here it is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? Sorry I've been MIA for the last two weeks I've just been so busy with my sister's birthday and changing cable providers getting a new dish washer installed and just work in general. I haven't been able to think and sit down and write. Also since we in the processes of changing providers I didn't have internet access or the computer to use.

So did you do for Thanksgiving? Did you enjoy time with your family and friends? Did you stuff yourself so much that you wobbled instead of walk? Did you stay home and already start watching your favorite Christmas movies you've been itching to watch or did you rush through dinner and then jump in the car to make to the Black Friday (Thursday) opening?

I know lots of questions. My sister tells me all the time I ask to many questions. I say, what's wrong with questions, that's how you get to know people and find out what's going on. We did a lot of the above.

Now that Thanksgiving is over it is on to my favorite time of year. CHRISTMAS!!!! I love this time of year it's a busy time, but what a magical time. The spirit of the true meaning of Christmas pours out ever where. We should be sharing this feeling all year, Which we don't and it seems as though during this time of year everyone makes up for it and that wonderful feeling comes out even stronger.

To some it's being kind to those around you, to someone else it's all about giving to children or others. But let's not forget where this all stems from. The greatest gift we were ever giving. Our brother Jesus Christ.

This is the time of year where you can really dive in and feel his love by doing what I mentioned above. even if you aren't a believer. You can't deny that there is something about this holiday that brings you joy. Something more then just a pretty tree with all the presents under it or all the great happy Christmas shows we watch, old and new, and more then a elderly man in a red suit. Not that that is bad, there's just more to it.

Image result for The original santa claus kneeling by baby jesusOne of my favorite Christmas pictures is the one where Santa Clause is kneeling down next to baby Jesus. I love it because it show that the two ideas of Christmas are one and that even the idea of Santa Clause understands that there is even something greater about Christmas then even him.

So as we take the next two week and enjoy this wonderful time of year take time to slow down from the hustle and bustle and listen to our hearts and really feel the true meaning of CHRISTmas.



Thank you again for stopping by Marry Christmas and Happy Holidays and don't forget; only you can make up your mind and do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment